The hot and cold metal products can be identified by the application of printed tags.
Green Project is able to propose a complete range of automatic tagging machines for both cast and rolled products.
Tags are metal made, to be printed by either heat transfer or laser or punching. Tags are available for any temperature, from ambient to very high temperature as 1.200 °C, featuring a special heat resisting white printable layer.
The Tagging system is an advanced solution capable to
assure a reliable identification of cold & hot billets,
blooms or beam blanks.
The system consists of a robot which applies a tag on the
product surface, by using direct welding or stud welding.
The basic machine includes the tagging unit, the tag
printer, the tag & nails disposal and feeding, the unit to
verify / validate the readable printed tag.
All printed tags can be easily read by portable or fixed
scanners, expected reading rate is close to 100%.
A container or suitable protections are proposed to
protect the system from the harsh environment.
Main Marking features:
• Cold and Hot application up to 1200 °C
• Tag position: typical on the front face of the product
• Printing includes one or more lines of symbols having variable fonts and size
• Symbols: letters, numbers, special characters (logos), bar code or QR code for automatic reading
• Fast tag application
• Automatic detection of product size and position (centering
• No need of clamping and descaling
• Many printing parameters can be adjusted / selected by the operator via Control Unit
• Host connection (Ethernet, Profibus or other common industrial field bus)
• Edge detector to center the tag in the product face
• Product shape / size detector
• Camera to verify / validate the presence and readability of
• Tagging / reading functions to achieve automatic tracking