GP is able to propose a wide range of marking machines for the hot cast products.
This system marks characters on the surface of hot products (typically blooms, billets and beam blanks), defined by a bright, white line (“handwritten” type) obtained spraying a special metal powder by a nozzle handled by a six axes robot or by an electromechanical manipulator (X Y table).
The markings are very well readable, even in presence of irregular surfaces, also from distance. The system assures excellent reliability and close to zero maintenance and operational costs. The fast marking cycle makes easier following up a fast billet production rate both in a cooling bed installation and in an evacuation line.
Main Marking features:
• Hot application up to 1200 °C
• Marking position: on the front or on the long side face
• One or more lines, min. character height 30 mm
• Symbols: letters, numbers, special characters (logos)
• Standard or OCR fonts
• Possibility to include a descaler if the surface present scale
• Automatic detection of product dimension and position (centering device)
• No clamps required
• Many parameters can be adjusted / selected by the operator via Control
• Unit, f.i.: Characters dimension (width, compression, height)
• Host connection (Ethernet, Profibus or other common industrial field bus)
• High pressure water descaler
• Mechanical descaler
• Automatic detection of the product dimension and position (centering device)
• Possibility to integrate with an inspection or shape detection camera
• Using OCR fonts, markings can be automatically read by our AURS system (combined marking / reading function to achieve automatic tracking of billets)